I felt I was
meandering through life working as a fashion and advertising photographer. It
was a fun, informative and educational period when I learned the value of
precision and of being “spot on”. Then I had everything on my side. I could
arrange the lights, position the camera, pose models and take creatively
visualised studio shots. But the inner conflict that raged, primarily due to my
being a fan of the reportage style of photography, led me to look at other
avenues and that is how I got into wedding photography.
| Wedding photography |
Each wedding is
different and is not a movie shoot where a director has absolute control over
each moment. The photographer records images that last a lifetime and beyond
but poor chap, he has to be unobtrusive, go with the flow and do the best. It
is quite a challenge. Each wedding is a new challenge each day. Makes life
worth living when you never know what the next moment may bring and you have to
pit your wits and skill to capture events that will happen only once.
In fashion and
advertising I could change lenses, use medium format cameras like the Phase
One, tethered to a laptop and do what I pretty much pleased with the dynamics.
Here I am on the sets but with only a high end DSLR. I must capture the shades
of the lightest gossamer veils and the details in the darkest suits. Quite a task
when I have other things like catching the all important action moment or the
spark of emotion in the eye to think about. But when I do and the images
reflect this and my clients tell me how they relive that moment it can be oh so
satisfying.
No comments:
Post a Comment